AR Blue Clean AR383 Review
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose
11 used from $ 91.85
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Pull it out of the box, insert the hose reel and attach the handle. Connect the high pressure hose and garden hose. Plug the GFCI to a 3 prong outlet with a ground. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Best in class support. Contact us at anytime in Fridley, Minnesota. using the information found in the owner's manual.
At first glance the AR Blue Clean AR383 might strike you as a vacuum cleaner, well at least that’s what I thought. Plastic casing, copper and aluminum components with a complete kit of accessories such as lance, hose, jet nozzle, gun and foam dispenser all give it a more than commercial feel. Plus you have a trolley design with wheel mounting for easy handling and a reel system to secure the hose. As for safety this model features an auto safety shut-off valve directly at the pump head called the Total Stop System. It also comes with attachable foamer and a soap bottle. Rated at 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM, it uses an 11 Amp induction motor and a 3 axial position pump.
Ease Of Use: 4/5
As far as usability goes, this is quite easy to get your hands set with. From the moment you power the unit to the time it dies down after use, you never once feel underpowered or out of control. Moving it around, assembling it right out of the box and securing the hose, changing connections all seem quite easy. The only problem though lies in the hard plastic material used for the hose. This makes it rather difficult to reel it back in as it tends to coil up on itself. What I do now is to leave the hose as it is, wrap it around the handle manually and disconnect it from the hose adapter port. Another nagging issue you might face on uneven terrain is stability.
11 Amp motor delivers impressive power but without the associated noise. In fact, this baby is super quite even when using the high pressure spray tip. It is so silent that you can use it in the middle of the night and never once feel worried about waking the neighbors up.
Assembly & Operating Instructions:
AR Blue Clean Pressure Washer Assembly & Operating Instructions
Had the AR383 been a gas mower, I would have rated it as a 3.5 out of 5 pressure washer. However, being an electric washer, 1900 PSI at 1.5 GPM is a lot of force to reckon with. For a commercial or semi-pro electric pressure washer this is a lot of power built into a compact frame. A good pump design and sturdy construction also plays a major role here.
With 1,900 PSI and 1.5 GPM there is not a single task that the AR Blue Clean AR383 can’t perform around the house. I have used it to clean my sidings, my front yard and the exterior walls. All these tasks require a good amount of pressure, especially the roof sidings since it is so high up. A point to note here though, the hose length might be an issue for some folks but considering the
pressure output, you really won’t have to bother extending its length.
One particular reason why the AR Blue Clean AR383 wins over other electric pressure washers is durability. Unlike the other models and makes I have tried out, this one actually seems to be constructed from high quality components. The only problem in my view as far as durability goes is the hose adapter that tends to sprout a leak at times. I got over this issue by purchasing a high quality copper adapter to replace the plastic one given by AR Blue Clean. Hence, the missing one star. After all, they could have taken the pain to ensure this tiny component was made from metal rather than plastic.
Customer Support: 5/5
AR Blue Clean is actually quite reliable in terms of customer support. I read in many reviews that their customer support department is prompt to answer queries, take requests and process replacement components. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet damaged anything on this particular model and this being my first AR Blue Clean pressure washer, I really cannot comment personally on their support. But, I haven’t yet read anything bad on their service.
Features and Specifications:
- 1.5 GPM and 1,900 PSI rating.
- Triplex 3 Axial-piston based pump design.
- 30 feet power cord and 20 feet hose.
- Hose reel helps keep hose clear of the way with a hand crank.