Simpson PS3228-S Review
SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228-S 3200 PSI at 2.8 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA with AAA Triplex Pump
1 used from $ 455.14
- GAIN CLEANING POWER IN YOUR HANDS: If you are looking for a powerful pressure washer with minimal investment that will accommodate even the most demanding cleaning needs, then we have got you covered. Meet the SIMPSON PS3228-S commercial series gas pressure washer powered by HONDA. At 3200 PSI at 2.8 GPM, this easy to use power washer will eliminate dirt, grime or even mildew from any hard to remove spot or area!
- KINK & ABRASION RESISTANT HOSE: Forget all those messy and easily destroyed water hoses. Invest in our flexible, lightweight, 5/16-Inch x 25-Foot MorFlex high pressure hose. MorFlex hoses are non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant which means this pressure washer hose can withstand some heavy-duty use. The M22 connectors will ensure a secure and safe fit.
- SELECT THE CORRECT NOZZLE TIPS FOR YOUR CLEANING NEEDS: Do not compromise with anything less than perfection when it comes to your gas power washer. Now with a gas-powered SIMPSON pressure washer you are the boss of water pressure! Choose among 5 different nozzle tips (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°) depending on the surface you are cleaning.
- BECAUSE YOUR SAFETY COMES FIRST: We have meticulously designed this gas pressure washer, the PS3228-S, with your best interest at heart. That is why this professional spray gun bears a safety lock-out. The pressure washer is made from heavy gauge frame components, welded steel construction and has 10'' pneumatic tires for easy maneuverability, regardless of the terrain.
- CLEAR SURFACES & FLOORS IN SECONDS: Thanks to its powerful HONDA GX200 OHV commercial series engine, this power washer will quickly eliminate the mess on any cleaning surface! Perfect for all floors either wooden, tiled or marble and windows. Easy and quick outdoor cleaning power for cement, decks, cement, brick, patios, garden fences, prepping exteriors for painting, rooftops, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
Electric pressure washers are great in terms of maintenance but when it comes to raw power and durability, a gas pressure washer is always better. The Simpson PS3228-S makes this point quite clearly. It incorporates quality components wherever necessary and cuts down cost at places that impact the least on performance. Probably not the most user friendly of all machines but this pressure washer has got enough power and performance to keep any homeowner happy for a decade or more.
Ease Of Use: 4/5
Operating this beast is simple. Start-up was never a problem as the manual highlights the procedure for cold start and hot start quite clearly. All you have to do is follow the instructions, observe the numbering on the pressure washer and pull the cord to start it up. Since, all Simpson pressure washers come tested from the factory, you know that your particular piece is not going to fail you. As for subsequent usage, I found that it was a bit taxing to operate when using the hose and wand interchangeably because it takes some time to fit them together. Thankfully, attaching nozzles is not such a big issue although, the tray to hold all the five tips tends to shake a lot when the unit is switched on.
Don’t expect a quite noiseless operation with the Simpson PS3228-S. The Honda GX200 engine is not the top of the line motor that many other professional series pressure washers use. It is a simple semi-pro grade engine designed to keep costs down. Accordingly, the noise this beast produces is deafening. Thankfully, the power output is at par with the noise levels and so I can live with a bit of a ruckus. If you aren’t a fan of noisy power tools then gas powered machines are not for you.
Simpson PowerShot PS3228-S Review Video:
Simpson PowerShot PS3228 3200 psi Pressure Washer - Review
The engine and pump together manage to pump out 3200 PSI at an impressive efficiency. In fact, when you use the telescopic wand connected to the hose and the pressure washer to extend its reach to as far as 8 feet, the pressure drop observed is marginal. As a semi-pro pressure washer, this is an excellent power output.
Okay so you can’t regulate the pressure produced by this pressure washer but that is not a problem since with the 5 different spray tips, you can actually control the eventual pressure to a certain extent. If you plan on washing cars alone then this is an over powered device. However, for an average home owner looking to purchase something that can cater to all their home maintenance projects, the Simpson PS3228-S is a great investment. Simpson-PS3228-6
Welded steel frame holds together each individual component firmly in place but does nothing to eliminate vibration. It is probably because of the use of a superior engine that the vibrations are a bit too much. Nevertheless, the only real problem you will face eventually is the pump wearing out faster than the engine itself. The AAA Industrial Triplex Pump with Power Boost included in the Simpson PS3228-S lasts a good two to three years on average use but do not expect it to work any longer than that. Compared to the extensive 10 plus year life of the engine, the pump is probably the only weak spot. Nevertheless, for the sub $500 price tag, this is definitely a long lasting pressure washer.
Customer Support: 5/5
Simpson is not known for its outstanding customer support. In fact, queries via email by other customers have gone unanswered and replacements tend to take a long time to arrive. Calling for technical help will not help much either. Thankfully, those who have working knowledge on pressure washers will not need to depend on Simpson customer care.
Features and Specifications:
- GPM of 2.8 and PSI of 3200.
- Uses Honda GX200 OHV engine with an oil alert.
- Welded Steel frame and construction.
- Premium pneumatic tires of 10 inch.
- 25 feet monster hose with 5/16inch diameter and spray wand that connect together.